Buell riders of bc

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Buell riders of bc
Buell riders of bc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil

2 posters

Go down

1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil Empty 1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi all, Happy newyear!

I was doing my Valve adjustment proceedure this winter and found that there was oil in the rear spark plug hole, and water in the front. The front spark plug showed signs of being full of water for a long time. How do I prevent that from happening again?

As for the rear, I'm assuming that when the chain guide update was done, they didn't assemble the valve cover properly because that spark plug seal was in the head rubbing the cam shaft. I took the oil strainer off and found lots of rubbery debris and a few plastic chunks.

I'm looking for some advice on what I should do. The bike is still under warranty. Should I go to my HD Dealing and try and get a free valve cover gasket, and then tell them to tear down the engine to make sure there are no chunks of rubber or plastic blocking oil galleries? If I should and that could happen, what dealer should I use. The closest is Kelowna, I've been using Kamloops (don't like them).

I uploaded some photos, but I'm not sure where they went to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Back to top Go down

1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil Empty Re: 1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil

Post by Black Lightning Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Don't know where you are exactly nor what your resources are re transportation but it might be worth while to check with BC Bueller re. Barns HD if you don't like Kamloops. I've heard that the dealer in Kelowna isn't very Buell friendly. This is just heresay and I have no personal experience but I have run into two or three people at the Kamloops dealer who weren't happy with the dealer in Kelowna.

As far as warranty work goes, I had the rear wheel bearings replaced in my XB12Ss at the dealer in San Diego last summer and there was no charge there so it looks like the warranty stuff is honored everywhere.
Black Lightning
Black Lightning

Back to top Go down

1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil Empty Re: 1125 oil leak, and contamenants in oil

Post by bcbueller Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:12 am

call me at the store tues-sat 1-866-534-6044 waylon (parts)
bcbueller
bcbueller
Admin

https://buellbc.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:07 am

Sorry guys, I'm in Penticton

Back to top Go down

Post by bcbueller Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am

thats not a problem i have help in Kelowna that can get your bike here and if need be i could come pick it up
bcbueller
bcbueller
Admin

https://buellbc.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum