Buell riders of bc

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Buell riders of bc
Buell riders of bc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'04 XB12S, Race ECM

2 posters

Go down

'04 XB12S, Race ECM Empty '04 XB12S, Race ECM

Post by nordicnorm Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:32 pm

My first Buell, bought early fall. A few issues sorted. Pulled aft head to fix upper o-ring oil leak. Injectors cleaned, tps re-set afv re-set, new plugs.
Strong runner (25K km only). All interactive hardware removed. K&N filter.
Lean stumble at 2-3000 rpm at steady throttle (droning down the hiway). Have tried 2 different mufflers, same issue. As soon as you roll the throttle, it pulls clean and strong. there is also no popping at closed throttle, except when not fully warmed up, but minor then.
My friend Mike at Barnes Vic feels it is designed to act like that for track use.
I understand there may be some tuning options. I am not savvy with computers, so would need help.
Communicating with IDS at the moment. Also Techno Research Tuning has come up. Both are pricey options for a $3K bike, and the latter may not be available for Buell, although Bayview Cycle in Parksville claim they can do it.
Would love some input from you experts. I live on Vancouver Island. Wanted one of these since they were first introduced, and yes, I am having fun!
nordicnorm
nordicnorm

Back to top Go down

'04 XB12S, Race ECM Empty Re: '04 XB12S, Race ECM

Post by bcbueller Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Gareth Dunn is tha man to talk to . as we discussed with you at the bike show as he is data logging my bike ghe can do the same for you wih lots of opions to get you taken care of
bcbueller
bcbueller
Admin

https://buellbc.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nordicnorm Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:09 am

Sorry, I was not at the Bike Show, but I talked to you briefly on the phone, as you were getting ready to head out. You probably talked to a million people there, so no worries.
If you can pass on to me the contact information for the people/ company (you did mention Squamish when we talked), I would appreciate it. I ride my Guzzi through the winter, so there is no panic getting the Buell on the road. I have much to learn at this point, so patience is the key.
Cheers.
nordicnorm
nordicnorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down