Buell riders of bc

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Buell riders of bc
Buell riders of bc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel bearings anyone?????

4 posters

Go down

Wheel bearings anyone????? Empty Wheel bearings anyone?????

Post by Dirty T Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 pm

So.....to add to the saga of my aging 4 year old Buell. I have finally have been frowned upon by the bearing gods.

Tonight i had to replace the old 35,000km rear wheel bearings. It took about an hour and a half with common hand tools.

Ideally a blind puller is key, providing that the bearings come out in one piece. so resorting to a cold chisel and a hammer works just as well if used in moderation.

So the purpose of this post other than letting you guys/girls know about my troubled bike. i took the time to track down the actual part #'s readily available almost anywhere.

I went to Kayman in Port Kells the rear XB bearings for the 2009 is FAG 6006-2RMR and the front are 2005-2RMR. Even though these are FAG part /`s there easily cross referenced to any brand that tickles your fancy.

The prices are considerably less than HD (SORRY WAY) rear were $17.79ea and the front are $18.80ea.

I am going to figure out all the other bearings as well. Swing arm, head, and tentioner bearings as well. I know that it can be alot cheaper to get the ALL BALLS off eBay unfortunately sometimes the NEED IT RIGHT NOW is  more realistic.
Dirty T
Dirty T
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wheel bearings anyone????? Empty Re: Wheel bearings anyone?????

Post by Black Lightning Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Be careful of e-bay. Shipping and handling charges can eat up any savings on the bearing price. Basically if the e-bay price is not at least half the local price it ain't worth it. This is true of other on line sellers as well. You can often do better if you buy in Canada even though the advertised US price looks pretty attractive. Avoid US sellers that ship using UPS or FedEx. Those courier companies charge brokerage fees whether there is any duty on the stuff you're buying or not. I bought BMW parts through mail order for years and things haven't changed much.

Thanks for the numbers DT. It saves me buying the bearings to find out what the sizes are. You can cross reference FAG bearings on line so you don't have to schlep them down to BC Bearing or Kaman to do it. Then you can just phone ahead to find out if they have them. I live 40 km out of town so that becomes important.

BTW, is your rear wheel a two or three bearing wheel?
Black Lightning
Black Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by bcbueller Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:05 pm

these are all local bearings no ebay involved and the 09 has the two bearing
bcbueller
bcbueller
Admin

https://buellbc.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddhaBuell Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:44 pm

uhmm, imho anywhere else is cheaper then HD for anything, they have never received a dollar from nor will they ever.
No offense Way, just never been a fan and the branding bullshit associated with HD is beyond a joke but hey at the end of the day it's aboot getting their $$$.

I feel ya there BL, living 200kms from town I can hardly wait to get there sometimes just to make a left or right turn, LOL

Looking forward to getting my next horse that will be a adventure touring machine (KLR 650 unless I had the bread for the Super Tenere)

BamBam will be more along the lines of an old muscle car, retired as full time horse.
I have far too many FSR's, logging roads and ATV trails to explore and adventure upon then pavement at my disposal.

Sorry for the thread jack DT
BuddhaBuell
BuddhaBuell

http://boafitnesstraining.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty T Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Its all good. as far as ebay and other internet shopping when it comes to my bike.

after the debaco i just went through with that starter thing......maybe better to so more homework and sourse things out locally.

as i found out that there is a starter shop in langley that sould have rebuilt the old starter i had for $40 and had a 4 hour turn over.....
Dirty T
Dirty T
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BuddhaBuell Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:14 pm

rebuilt the old starter i had for $40 and had a 4 hour turn over..

now thats my kinda dealio
BuddhaBuell
BuddhaBuell

http://boafitnesstraining.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty T Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 pm

http://www.mcbearings.com/buell/

upgraded head bearings
Dirty T
Dirty T
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty T Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 pm

and......the swing arm bearings are 6204.2RSR and from what i can tell they fit  2000-2010
Dirty T
Dirty T
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down